Monday, October 12, 2009

Blood-sucking is a lucrative racket.

I was watching television and saw a preview for this feature film:


From what I can tell, John C. Reilly and Bob Dylan share the same hairstylist. What I also gathered was he plays a vampire who teaches some wholesome, nonthreatening looking teenage boy how to become a vampire too. I'm not one hundred percent on this, but I think this movie might be based off of a books series. According to the internet, a lot of the most popular movies started out as books before being turned into films, which is a more accessible form of entertainment for mass consumption (studies show that 98% of Americans are illiterate/suffer from ADD and therefore cannot "read an entire book all the way through".)


I remember when "Harry Potter" was the best book/movie combo ever and people made a big deal when that horrible first movie hit theaters back in the early 2000s. Now it seems like since the last book has been published and the little asshole who plays Harry in the movies wants to avoid typecasting by prancing around in The Nude on stage in some Broadway play or something, "Potter Mania" has declined considerably. Now everyone is stroking themselves/getting off on vampires, as indicated above by the trailer to "The Vampire's Assistant." I'm not a "movie buff" and have never been to film school, but if the trailer is any indication, this movie is going to "suck camel dicks." I get the impression that some Hollywood type scoured the Internet to try and drum up something to cash in on this wave of Vampire-centric escapism currently overtaking popular culture and he probably came across "The Vampire's Assistant" book or whatever and thought he could shit out a movie based on the novel and people would eat it up.
Photobucket

Like I said in a previous post, I am all about selling out and making a profit, but I still have a hard time getting behind these "fly by night" fads that seem to come around every few years. I don't know if it's the "herd mentality" that rubs me the wrong way or the fact that 99% of all these fads turn out to be complete shit, I just can't allow myself to hop on the bandwagon.
Photobucket

I avoided watching "Twilight" for the longest time, but I will admit, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. But I chalk this up as either a complete fluke or Robert Pattinson's hypnotic androgynous beauty which had me questioning my sexuality for a few seconds (I sort of now understand why tweens, teen, gays, bi-sexuals, pan-sexuals and lonely middle-aged women swoon over him) , or a combination of the two.
Photobucket

Sometimes I wish I had a knack for predicting the next big thing that people will be shitting themselves over so I could capitalize on it financially before "the market" became a clusterfuck of cheap imitations and over saturation. I need to figure out "What's Next?"

-Werewolves?

Photobucket
-Sea monsters?
Photobucket
-Cults?
Photobucket

My only goal in life is to somehow get "rich" from using the internet and retire by the time I'm 27 without having to really "do anything". I think I might start hanging around more teenagers to get an idea of what they're "in to" and see if I can turn that into a profit. Here's to making my first million in 2010!

1 comment:

  1. this is why i like you and your blog, you didn't hate twilight, i LOVE twilight and robert pattison. you make fun of a lot shit but left twilight out of it, thank you.

    ReplyDelete