Monday, October 5, 2009

Super Mega NBA Post for your bitch ass!

With summer winding down and fall approaching, many basketball fans are gearing up for the start of the 2009-2010 NBA season. I don't think I've ever anticipated an NBA season like I am this upcoming one, there are so many questions left to be answered.

-Will the Boston Celtics reclaim their rightful place as world champions after a valiant, yet doomed effort in the playoffs last year? Will K.G. remain relatively injury free? Will Rajon Rondo unveil an improved jump shot and officially become one of the best point guards in the league? Will Paul Peirce ever grow a decent mustache/goatee combo? How cool will Rasheed Wallace look in Celtic green?
Photobucket

-And what about LeBron James? Will the addition of an aging Shaq be the final piece to the puzzle for Cleveland? Is this the year David Stern finally gets his wish and we see a Cavs/Lakers finals? How long before someone calls LeBron out for wearing his headband so high on his forehead to conceal his receding hairline? (I hope I don't start going bald when I'm 24)
Photobucket


-Is Ron Artest just a "quirky" guy or is there something wrong with him, like mentally? Is Ron Artest the Dennis Rodman to Kobe Bryant's Michael Jordan?
Photobucket

-Will M.J. surprise everyone and come out of retirement for a third time and lead the league in scoring at the age of 46?
Photobucket


Speaking of surprises, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out the 76ers have reverted back to their classic jerseys/logo.
Photobucket


I wish more teams would follow suit (LOL) and do the same. I remember back during the '96-'97 season when half the league "upgraded" their uniforms with some shitty new "edgy" designs.


Remember these atrocities? (of course you don't, most you probably don't even like basketball)
Photobucket

I'd like to see the Cavaliers come back to these. I bet LeBron would look hella sick in orange.
Photobucket

Remember when the people in charge of the Pistons' fashion division lost their fucking minds and shat these turds out?
Photobucket

I am eternally grateful they switched to these:
Photobucket
A nice little "modern twist" to the classic design. I wish other teams would take note of what Detroit did here instead of employing an inexplicable and frustrating sense of aesthetics, I mean, what the fuck is THIS shit???
Photobucket

Too bad I wasn't a basketball fan back when Denver rocked these:
Photobucket Classic.

Am I the only one who misses the days when the Lakers and the Kings were considered rivals? I was so happy to jump on the Kings bandwagon back then. I've always hated Southern California, so it just seemed natural to me. I'm only recently getting over game six of the 2002 western conference finals.
Photobucket

I've been to L.A. once a little over a decade ago, but I just really loathe it. When I think of L.A. I think of smog, gang violence and the cast of The Hills. I heard they had nice beaches out there, but the only downside is an occasional used syringe will wash up on shore and give someone AIDS when they accidentally step on it.
Photobucket

I really hate to draw a line of division between Nor Cal and So Cal, but I just feel the former is obviously superior. Steinbeck wrote about Northern California in a lot of his novels. Who wrote/writes about Southern California? Vibe magazine? Vogue? Newsweek?
Photobucket

I think in nutshell what I'm trying to say is, fuck southern California. North is on the top of a compass for a reason, you know what I mean?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment