Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This post is about Internet scams.

Whilst checking my e-mail this morning I came across one with the subject line that read "Uncle Sam Wants To Give You Free Cash." I usually don't respond to junk mail like this, but I was in a particularly foul/snarky mood, so I decided to reply. The following is the actual e-mail accompanied by my response in bold:

This May Be a Long Write up, But read each word carefully if you want Free Money From Uncle Sam!

That's Right, Every Year Uncle Sam Gives Away Free Money To People Like You & Me- So, Go For It!

This US Government sponsored program has already given away Billions of Dollars to people just like you and me and average Hundreds of Million's each and every month to people like you and me

The trick to getting this money is having a reason and a good one for whatever amount of money that you are looking for!

This Sponsored Offer Is Guaranteed By Our Sponsor For You To Get Free Money From Uncle Sam as long as you complete the application properly, and this is why our Sponsors will help you do it so you can get your Money Guaranteed!

On top of one-time grants being offered right now, you may even be able to qualify to receive this money over and over again.

These grants are in place specifically for people who need assistance paying for bills, buying a home, starting their own business, going to school, or even helping raise their children.

So what are you waiting for? Are you going to go to Church or Temple and pray to the good lord and hope that you win this weeks Power Ball? Here's a hint: G-d cannot help you our sponsor can- so what do you have to lose? Give these guys a shot and you will see G-d's answer!

Use your common sense, you have nothing to lose only to gain by pressing below for Free!

Press here if You Want Guaranteed Free Money From Uncle Sam!


So Uncle Sam is just giving away free money huh? I'm offended you would think to insult my intelligence like this. And just because you don't type the "O" in God doesn't make it any less "blasphemous" or whatever your trepidation is for not spelling out the full word. See you in Hell. =]


Looking back I'm afraid I might have "gone too far" with my reply. Even though the person who sent this to me was obviously trying to rip me off and possibly steal my identity, I feel I should have taken the "higher road" and just deleted it like I usually do. Plus, it's highly unlikely any actual human being will even read what I wrote back. I don't know, at the time I felt I had acquired some kind of "moral victory" over spammers/Internet grifters by issuing a smart-ass verbal thrashing through text.
Photobucket

Or maybe I just did it because I suffer from low self-esteem and it makes me feel better to belittle anyone, even a mindless spam bot. Either way, I'm not a psychiatrist, I'm just an amateur blogger trying to stay afloat in the treacherous and volatile body of water we call "The Internet." Good night and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment